Saturday, August 2, 2008

Orbit Fabulous Fruitini Gum

Fabulous Fruitini

In my quest to taste all current flavors of Orbit gum, I've come to my penultimate flavor. Although it's not the newest, I had just never gotten around to trying it. I figure the snack blog is a good enough excuse.

This time, it's Fabulous Fruitini. What fruit is it going to be? The smell is a little reminiscent of PEZ, but I wouldn't recommend smelling the whole box, it kind of smells like paint. Smell 1 stick. Unwrapped.

Fabulous Fruitini

The gum is quite tangy and juicy! I think I can taste pineapple and banana right off the bat, but I'm not really sure what other fruits are in play here. It kind of reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum, only without as much artificial color. Compared to other Orbit flavors, though, the flavor was gone kind of quickly, maybe only 5 minutes of good, juicy chewing. There is a slight background mint that keeps it from tasting stale, though, which is great.

The texture is similar to that of the Strawberry Mint: firm but not hard, smooth, and squeaky. I'd place this one in the bottom third in the Orbit deliciousness spectrum, where Lemon Lime is on the bottom and Citrusmint (or Raspberry Mint) is at the top.

Only Crystal Mint is left now. It might be a while, since I now have 4 packs of Orbit at home to chew, and my jaw is tired from all this gum reviewing. Not to mention I'm getting a little worried about what the sorbitol will do to me.

C-

Orbit Website

2 comments:

Connie said...

So someone at work gave me 2 packs of this because they hated it (they bought a three pack). So I smelled the whole box as you said not to do and man did that smell bad. It tasted better then it smelled, but it totally reminded me and another girl of sun tan lotion lol...that coconut kick...wasn't horrible but it's not high on my list of favorites.

ebidebby said...

Yeah, this one just isn't great. Rotten banana is what Dan and I tasted.