Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nestle KitKat Cookies+

KitKat Cookies Plus

I'm pretty late to the party in trying this kind of KitKat, but even before trying it, I was sure this would be a case of "better late than never." On a mini-vacation to Toronto, we stopped in again at the Pacific Mall, and although many of the items are of Chinese origin, the selection of packaged snacks and candy is dominated by Japanese products.

Most of the comments I had read on Flickr and in blogs for this KitKat were pretty positive, and I am a big fan of chocolate cookies (I'd prefer Oreos without the cream, I think), so I was fairly certain I would like this flavor. It did not disappoint!

KitKat Cookies Plus

The bars smelled like hot cocoa, very rich and chocolatey. They tasted rich and crunchy, not too sweet, and even a little bit bitter. The flavor of the chocolate cookies inside and the chocolate outside went together very well. I couldn't taste the wafers, but their texture also complemented the cookies.

I only got one box, since I'm trying not to overload myself with snacks, but I wish I had bought more of these. Cookies+ is definitely a new favorite of all the 40 KitKat flavors I've tried! I actually have a spreadsheet to keep track of them. Anyhow, this flavor was a fun departure from the normal KitKat fare, and I recommend trying it. Check out ZOMG, Candy for more thoughts on this KitKat.

A

KitKat Website (Japanese)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I like oreo's but i hate the cream. I think i most love oreo's crushed up in icecream, like a mcflurry from macca's. I haven't tried this kit kat, though we have a cookies n cream kit kat in aus at the moment that probably tastes similar. :)

Cindy said...

Kit Kat is such a juggernaut when it comes to new flavors and combos. This one sounds pretty good!

ebidebby said...

Kelly - Yes! An Oreo McFlurry! Much better than plain old oreos. In 2007, Japan had a cookies and cream kit kat with white chocolate, which was pretty good, too.

Cindy - I was pleased! They've had some pretty bizarre ones over the years that didn't work as well, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really enjoy reading your snack blog. I was just wondering, how much did the KitKat Cookies+ cost you? I live pretty close to Pacific Mall but haven't bought snacks there in awhile ^^

ebidebby said...

Hi, Ayano! Than you for your comment. I think it cost $2.39, or somewhere close to $2.

Kenshin_desu said...

I love Japanese twists on Kitkat! Sometimes they sound rather weird at first, but most of them are delicious! *-* great blog, debbie!

ebidebby said...

Kenshin - Thanks for commenting! Yes, this is definitely one of my favorite Japanese twists on KitKat!