Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wrigley 5 Gum Solstice

5 Gum Solstice

While shopping for a baby shower gift for some friends, this new Solstice gum caught my eye, and I couldn't resist. From the name, I couldn't really tell what the flavor would be, but it certainly looked cool.

In fact, the packaging really drew me in. It's not that different from the normal 5 Gum packaging, but the swirls look pretty. Also, I love the color of the wrappers, which you can see in the next picture.

5 Gum Solstice

As soon as I took off the shrink wrap, there was a really strong wintergreen scent. The gum was a bit milder than it smelled, but had a very strong cooling sensation. The sharpness of the wintergreen was toned down by a subtle sweetness that I couldn't place.

The gum was pleasant and minty, and the sweetness was a nice twist on the usual wintergreen. The flavor lasted at least 20 minutes, though the cooling effect did subside over time.

B+

5 Gum website

No comments: