Monday, September 7, 2009

Kabaya Watermelon Gummies

Kabaya Watermelon Gummies

It's Labor Day weekend in the US, and that means a three day weekend for many people. My husband and I did a little destination eating and shopping, and here's one of our spoils: watermelon gummies. My husband wanted to try them so badly that he took this picture for me so he could open them.

Both the bag and the gummies themselves were super cute. Although I've never tried watermelon with salt, I know it's common, and these gummies were supposed to be slightly salty. The yellow/green candies were sour watermelon, and the red/green ones were regular.

Kabaya Watermelon Gummies

The open bag smelled a lot like alcohol, especially a sweet cocktail. I wasn't sure what to make of that, but I started with the sour one. It was tart like the fruit just before the rind of the melon (my favorite part) with some citrus notes. The sweetness was balanced by the saltiness, and I enjoyed the sour flavor.

The regular one was much sweeter, but it had a very realistic watermelon flavor. I didn't detect any chemical taste, which is rare for watermelon flavor. The saltiness, again, helped to offset the sweetness. The gummies both had a great texture; they were soft but still gave a bit of resistance when bit into. These were great, especially for watermelon fans.

A-

Kabaya website

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oooh yum! I've seen these around and wondered what they would be like!! I'll have to get me some :)

Thanks for the great review!!
BTW, they don't really look like the pic on the pack do they??

ebidebby said...

Thank you! And no, they don't really look like the picture. Seems like they never do...