Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Kanro Pure Lemon Cola

Lemon Cola Pure

Pure is one of my favorite Japanese candy brands. If you like sour gummies, Pure is definitely worth a look. It's very cheap in Japan (around 100 to 120 yen, if my memory is correct), and pretty cheap in import stores in the USA, too. I bought this flavor at Mitsuwa Marketplace for just under $2.

Since I'm not a big soda drinker, I'm not sure if I've ever had actual lemon cola. I will have to give it a taste on my next Sonic run (preferable to committing to a 2-liter bottle or a 12-pack of cans).

Lemon Cola Pure

These gummies did not smell good. The lemon scent seemed artificial and bordering on floor cleaner. Thankfully, they tasted much better than they smelled. Both the lemon and cola flavors were distinct and well-executed.

Both flavors were tart and tasty, and the gummies had that firm but chewy texture that I've come to love. The lemon cola flavor was different and fun, and these would be sure to please sour gummy fans.

A-

Pure website

3 comments:

cybele said...

I picked these up last month. I love them, great spicy and sour combo.

raspberryblood said...

HOaa never see this candy in my town, I wanna try one ^^. Sounds refreshing.

Matt said...

They look delicious. I may have to pick some up when I visit "the big city."