Monday, December 10, 2012

Extra Dessert Delights Rainbow Sherbet

IMG_0313

Even though they are all interesting, I have yet to really love any flavors from Extra's line of Dessert Delights. I adore how they approach Willy Wonka territory, but like Mr. Wonka himself, there's always something that just seems a little bit off.

Rainbow Sherbet actually didn't have that odd note, and I really wanted to like it. The bright pink packaging is gorgeous, and I've always loved rainbow sherbet (especially when mixed with cream soda, Sprite, or ginger ale).

IMG_0315

The gum smelled tart and very fruity, but in a nondescript way. While chewing, I could taste lime and raspberry, but mostly, it was just a little sour. The gum didn't have much orange to it, but maybe that would have overpowered the other flavors. It did indeed taste like rainbow sherbet.

This gum might set a new record for short-lived flavor; I got around 2 minutes. The chew was firm and not very bouncy, and the gum itself was a bit dense. Though I enjoyed the flavor, I tend to just gnaw through entire packs of gum when the flavor dies out so quickly, so my jaw would thank me not to buy this gum again.

B-

Extra Gum Website

No comments: