Friday, December 14, 2012

Nestle Matcha "Adult Sweetness" KitKat

Matcha KitKat

Even though I've been away from the blog for a while, I was really tempted to come out of hiatus just to post a review of the incredible "Adult Sweetness" Matcha KitKat. It's everything I love about matcha and KitKats, and I highly recommend you try it if you like green tea.

This summer, I went on a business trip to northern Ontario, Canada, and got stuck there over a holiday weekend. I took a day trip to Toronto with the sole purpose of buying snacks, and I was not disappointed, because I found this KitKat.

Matcha KitKat

This KitKat had a strong matcha scent and a gorgeous green color. The flavor was spot-on: nice and bitter and just a little grassy. The "Adult Sweet" (meaning not very sweet at all) white chocolate added just a hint of milkiness, like a strong matcha latte. Perfect for a matcha enthusiast!

The matcha chocolate was creamy and just a little grainy, which went well with the delicate wafers. The wafers also seemed finely milled in comparison to a normal KitKat. I bought 5 boxes and a bag of mini bars, but it wasn't enough. I miss this KitKat so much. Japanese Snack Reviews reviewed them too, if you'd like an opinion from a less matcha-addled mind.

A+

KitKat Website (Japanese)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I bought a version of these at a music store (of all places) in Michigan where I live. I paid $5.99 for 5 tiny bars. They were so good!!!

Had I known I would love them so much I would have bought the other ones they had. They haven't had them since. Your review makes me want to search online and buy some more, forget about the price!

ebidebby said...

I feel exactly the same way! Writing the review and now reading your comment makes me want to track down more of these, at any price! Thanks for commenting!